In my last post, I introduced you to the adorable McKenzie Bishop (I had to include another picture. She's just too cute.) Over the past few days, she's continued to remind me of some basic, but profound, principles:
1. Ask for what you want. Otherwise, you'll never get it.
2. Use as few words as possible. Because people will try to actually listen and figure out what you're trying to say.
3. Show your love unabashedly. Those you love will never grow tired of your hugs and affection.
4. Eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired. Enough said.
5. Cling to those you love as if they're a lifeline. Because they are.
6. Always eat the inside of the grilled cheese first. It's the best part and if you eat the crust first, you'll be too full to enjoy the gooey goodness.
7. Love your Daddy without condition. That's how he loves you. And no one else will ever love you the way he does.
8. Laugh as loud as you can and express the pure joy you feel in your heart. Nothing else will ever feel as good.
9. When you need help, look to your brother. As annoying as he might be sometimes, he will be your best friend and protect you. Blood is thicker than friendship.
10. Dig your toes in the sand. Eat pudding with your hands. Drink your milk with both hands. And sleep with your mouth wide open. In other words, live life.